• 2018 “It doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that.” 2018

This site is owned and third-party cookies. If you continue with us we understand that you accept the use of cookies.

• #VIPR Australia's No.1 Sim Racing Forums

Online Sim Racing Community for Australia, New Zealand and worldwide.
    Register Now!
  • Win Real Prizes at #VIPR

Join a series or club event and win real prizes!
    Read More
  • Gaming Community

Chat with other Gamers in our Gaming Discussion Forum!
    Join to Chat
  • Off-Topic Discussions

PS4 pCARS 2 V8 Supercars Series lll - (3) - V8SC & Super2 Series - 2018 - Prizes!

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by VIPR, May 5, 2018.

1. genuinepte2

genuinepte2 VIPR Member Member

Australia
    I don't own a PS4. I read PC can join the same rooms etc as Xbox and PS4. So we can race all together yes?

2. OP
    OP
    VIPR

VIPR Founder Administrator

PSN:
    VIP-Racing
    Australia
    @genuinepte2@genuinepte2 The answer is no.

Big changes and updates coming to this series soon!

3. OP
    OP
    VIPR

PSN:
    VIP-Racing
    Australia
    Race day boys. Tough track tonight. Good luck to all drivers that are racing. Before round 6 will be a update to test divisions. There will be 3 races per round. Division 2 will race in race 1. Division 1 will race in race 2. Race 3 will be the main bigger race with all drivers racing in race 3. Division 1 and 2 will have their own separate points drivers standings. So there will be Division 1 points table, division 2 points table, and the main points table which is the all drivers race if that makes sense.

As it stands at the moment, these are the driver divisions:

Division 1: @VIPR FPR@VIPR FPR @Racing Jordyn@Racing Jordyn @DZITEZ@DZITEZ and @Pubs16@Pubs16 .

Division 2: @Youle82@Youle82 @evilknight85@evilknight85 @Dave_B@Dave_B and @Lowndes Racing@Lowndes Racing

There will be prizes for Division 1 and 2 overall points standings. Then the usual for the overall main points driver standings. Any questions please fire away?

Update on new rules coming in as of now. Any drivers that receive a time penalty for not slowing down after corner cutting. The number of penalties you get comes off your overall points for that round. Bumping, tapping, DT's etc will not effect your points. Only corner cutting.

After testing, you can actually benefit from corner cutting penalties. When you receive 1 point for not slowing down, you can actually pull further in front of those drivers that do slow down for corner cutting penalties. If you chose not to slow down, as of now, this will effect your overall points. For those drivers that do slow down and still get a penalty will be reviewed. Thanks.

IMG_0411.JPG

4. OP
    OP
    VIPR

PSN:
    VIP-Racing
    Australia
    update888.png
    super2-Series.jpg
    v8sc-Series.jpg
    Ok its final. Everything has been updated in the OP (Opening Post). This is now a 2 series event, 1 for Super2 Series and 1 for V8SC Series. Divisions got the ass! Both Super2 and V8SC tracks, dates and events are held on the same days, so there will be no confusion. Super2 is for drivers to shine without the fast drivers stealing the show! V8SC Series is a open class for everyone to race in or can be optional. Drivers that have not made it into the top 3 in a race this year will be placed in the Super2 Series if you're up for it, and you're happy for these changes to take place. In the first OP, You can now see Super2 Drivers List and V8SC Drivers List. You can also read the next rounds for Super2 and V8SC.

Super2 Drivers List
    @Youle82@Youle82
    @evilknight85@evilknight85
    @Lowndes Racing@Lowndes Racing
    @Dave_B@Dave_B
    2 AI's.

V8SC Drivers List
    @Racing Jordyn@Racing Jordyn
    @VIPR FPR@VIPR FPR
    @DZITEZ@DZITEZ
    @Pubs16@Pubs16
    @Youle82@Youle82
    @evilknight85@evilknight85
    @Dave_B@Dave_B

Super2 Series will start this sunday night, so don't miss out. Super2 will be a 8 Round Series and you don't want to miss out on points or prizes. V8SC Series will still go ahead as normal.

So while talking to @DZITEZ@DZITEZ and @Pubs16@Pubs16 about Divisions and getting helpful tips from these guys, all was almost set for Divisions to take place. Cut the stories short, a Division 1 and Division 2 and a main race will just simply not work at this stage. But while reading these boys conversations and ideas which i am thankful for, the big idea hit me. I am a X BMX Racer, and we had a open class for all racers if there was available spots. This gave me the idea of V8SC being the Open Class. We also had aged groups so the races were alot more even to give the slower aged a chance of a podium. So the idea of aged groups changed in my head to Super2, which as you know Super2 is a real life thing in Supercars. So there you have it.

For those in Super2 Series, Round 1 will start this sunday, lets see who can get onto the podium, good luck.
    V8SC (Open Class) (Current Series) will race after Super2's.

Race Times will Vary
    Super2
    Room Opens: 7:00PM
    Qualifying: 7:30PM

Break.

V8SC
    Room Opens: 8:30PM
    Qualifying: 9:00PM

We will try to stick to these times, but you will see any changes with-in Drivers Brief hopefully 1 week before a race.

Hope you all like the changes?
    If the times do not suit or you are not happy with these changes, throw in a reply below and we will work it out.
    thanks.

>>> Super2 Round 1 - Drivers Briefing <<<
    >>> V8SC Round 6 - Drivers Briefing <<<

Pubs16 likes this.
  5. Pubs16

Pubs16 VIPR Member Member

PSN:
    UNC_Pubs16
    Australia
    Sounds great! Thanks for the shoutout too, I do what I can to help the series ;). Great result in the end from all the ideas I think, still maintains what we are doing for everybody but also adding the Super2 race for those who aren’t quite at the WR pace yet lol.
    I hope this way it can make a more enjoyable series with an incentive for all drivers to be able to compete at the top of their class. :)

VIPR likes this.