Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Following on from a successful race night on the Gran Tursimo Sport Platform, I have decided to set up a mini series to finish of the year. So I present to you the 2018 Track Stars Mini Series!

The majority of the series will be run using the Group 2 cars that are seen in the Japanese Super GT Series, with the idea of creating a fast paced touring car series similar to the DTM and Super GT series. The 2018 season will be used to as test run ahead of a expanded 2019 with a mixture of short fast paced sprint races and a pair of longer distance rounds to finish off the year. On each race night we will complete the event with support race, which will be a different class of racing each week. All interested drivers are welcome to race with no entry cut offs. While we will be keeping a points tally the main objective of the series is to have some fun races and test out different cars and tracks.

Races will take place on Sunday nights with the room opening at 7:30PM AEDT and Racing starting at 8:10PM AEDT.

Cars

The following cars are eligible to compete in the Group 2 portion of the series:

Nissan GT-R ’16 Gr. 2
Lexus RC f ’16 Gr. 2
Honda NSX Concept-GT ’16 Gr. 2

Balance of Performance: We will be using the in game BoP for this series

Drivers are welcome to change cars as they please. The aim of this series is to have fun so we would rather everyone driving a car they enjoy instead of being stuck with a car they hate.

Calendar

Round 1
Track: Nurburgring GP
Date: December 9
Time of Day: 15:00
Races: 3 x 10 laps
Support Race Car : Red Bull X2014 Junior

Round 2
Track: Suzuka GP
Date: December 16
Time of Day: 14:30
Races: 3 x 9 Laps
Support Race Car: Gran Tursimo F1500 T-A

Round 3
Track: Bathurst
Date: December 23
Time of Day: 12:00
Races: 1 x 24 Laps
Support Race Cars: Group 3 Cars (40 minute race)

Round 4
Track: St Croix C
Date: December 30
Time of Day: 15:10
Races: 1 x 18 Laps
Support Race Cars: TBC

Room Settings

Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Real
Damage: None
Tyre Wear: 1x
Fuel Wear: 1x
Grip Reduction: Real

Penalty Settings
Collision Ghosting: None
Shortcut Penalty: Invalidate Time
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Side Contact Penalty: None
Correct Vehicle after collision: Off
Replace cars when they leave the track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Ghost Lapped cars: Off

Driving Aids
Counter steering: Prohibited
ASM: Allowed
Driving Line: No Limit
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto Drive: Prohibited

Points System

3 races 1st: 20, 2nd: 17, 3rd: 15, 4th: 13, 5th: 12, 6th: 11, 7th: 10, 8th: 9, 9th: 8, 10th: 7, 11th: 6, 12th: 5, 13th: 4, 14th: 3, 15th: 2, 16th: 1
1 races 1st: 60, 2nd: 51, 3rd: 45, 4th: 39, 5th: 36, 6th: 33, 7th: 30, 8th: 27, 9th: 24, 10th: 21, 11th: 18, 12th: 15, 13th: 12, 14th: 9, 15th: 6, 16th: 3

Driving Standards

As we have damage turned of for the races we will not be opposed to a little bit of rubbing and bumping between cars as long as no one has their race severely affected by any contact. In the event contact does occur and a driver does lose more than the one position we recommend that the driver attempting to pass drops back behind the affected driver to adress the situation.

To sign up, just post a reply to this thread with your preferred racing Number and your PSN ID so i know who to send a friend request to.

Last edited:

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Series Entries

7 evilknight85
16 Pubs16
17 Dave_B
27 DZITEZ
95 ItzRacing

888 Racing Jordyn

Points Standings

Final Standings.png

Honour board.png

Last edited:

VIPR

Founder
Administrator
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIP-Racing
Country
Australia
I'll have this more visible by the end of the day mate.

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
Sounds like a lot of fun so I’m definitely racing. My preferred number is 17 with 05 second choice and PSN: Dave_B005

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
I'm in. VIPR_DZITEZ not sure what car and number yet. 27 if it has it lol

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Sorry didn’t realise Round 1 was tomorrow! I should be able to make that first race :).

UNC_Pubs16 / #16 ;).

I'm in. VIPR_DZITEZ not sure what car and number yet. 27 if it has it lol
Through the livery editor you can choose your own number in the “Race Items” tile without losing the default livery I’m pretty sure. If that makes sense to you lol.

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
Sorry didn’t realise Round 1 was tomorrow! I should be able to make that first race :).

UNC_Pubs16 / #16 ;).

Through the livery editor you can choose your own number in the “Race Items” tile without losing the default livery I’m pretty sure. If that makes sense to you lol.
Sweet. Does that mean I can add 888?

I haven’t even booted the game up yet lol.

Also, is the time of race the actual time the event starts please?

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
Oh also I must add, the graphics and write up for the V8 series are gone. I have to start all over. I usually save everything to a external hard drive. Seems I didn’t save that which took ages! We are not usually this late at updates and prizes and write ups etc. but I can assure everyone that we haven’t forgot.

Real prizes and forum awards will be coming soon.

Forum awards will be giving for ItzRacing ItzRacing series to. If ITZ wants to throw in a few more rounds we could throw in a winning prize.

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Sweet. Does that mean I can add 888?

I haven’t even booted the game up yet lol.

Haha unfortunately only 2 digits allowed ;). Could go with 00 to still rep some old school Lowndes lol.

There’ll be some updates if you haven’t already started them.

Start time is above the car choices, if that’s what you mean.
Oh also I must add, the graphics and write up for the V8 series are gone. I have to start all over. I usually save everything to a external hard drive. Seems I didn’t save that which took ages! We are not usually this late at updates and prizes and write ups etc. but I can assure everyone that we haven’t forgot.

Real prizes and forum awards will be coming soon.

Forum awards will be giving for ItzRacing ItzRacing series to. If ITZ wants to throw in a few more rounds we could throw in a winning prize.
That’s a shame that happened dude, no rush on it sounds like it’ll be a bit of work, sounds great though!

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
What. No 3 numbers! :(:D Na all good man. Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I’m guessing there’s a massive update. I’ll boot it up shortly.

Oh I get it, the writing is really small. But yeah, that’s racing room time and the above is time in reality lol.

I saved every other PSD, images txt etc to hard drive. After the laptop died I was sure I saved it to drive, but no go. I usually use a hidden admin forum to do the write ups, oh well. It will not be as good, but I’ll break out something lol.

I’m actually looking forwards to a bit of Gtsport racing. I like the feeling of being completely crap and slowly get better lol.

Cheers mate.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Sorry I didn’t respond sooner to all of this, I was racing speedway tonight! I’ll have a scan through later in the day and update the signups

So the ‘time of day’ for each round is the setting for the track time in game that I’ll be using so that if anyone wanted to get some practice in they were going to have the same settings and not have any surprises come race night like I might have accidentally done previously lol

I’m happy for now just to have a small fun series for the end of the year and hopefully iron out bugs and trial different cars. But I’d like to have a discussion with you about my plans for 2019 whenever you have a bit of free time mate.

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
Hey Itz are you using BOP or are all settings open slather?

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Hey Itz are you using BOP or are all settings open slather?
Yes, we will be using the BoP. I did some testing a month or 2 ago and they were very close on lap times.

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
Sorry I didn’t respond sooner to all of this, I was racing speedway tonight! I’ll have a scan through later in the day and update the signups

So the ‘time of day’ for each round is the setting for the track time in game that I’ll be using so that if anyone wanted to get some practice in they were going to have the same settings and not have any surprises come race night like I might have accidentally done previously lol

I’m happy for now just to have a small fun series for the end of the year and hopefully iron out bugs and trial different cars. But I’d like to have a discussion with you about my plans for 2019 whenever you have a bit of free time mate.
Sounds good mate.

silly newbie question, do we have to save up and buy these cars lol to race? :Roflmao:
Ok seems i do. And that damn Honda NSX Concept-GT ’16 Gr. 2 is hard to find!
EDIT: Found it lol.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.