2018 “When you win a race you're on top that day, so take it for what its worth, have a good time and party, cause the next day when you get out of bed, the meter goes back to zero again.” 2018

Round 3 - Autodromo nazionale Monza GP - V8's - Drivers Briefing - 2018

Round 3 - Autodromo nazionale Monza GP - V8's - Drivers Briefing - 2018

Thread starter #1

VIPR

Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIP-Racing
Country
Australia
VIPR submitted a new resource:

Round 3 - Autodromo nazionale Monza GP - V8's - Drivers Briefing - 2018 - Drivers Briefing for Round 3 Autodromo nazionale Monza GP.

View attachment 2774
Drivers Briefing for Monza GP Round 3 V8's
All Times In: AEST
Date: Sunday 10/6/2018
Room Opens: 7:30PM
Qualifying: 8:30PM
Race: 8:45PM
Number of Races: 1
Laps: 25
Mandatory pit stops: 1
Tyres: Slick Soft/Wets
Season: Spring
Weather: Clear/Rain
Room Time: 08:00
Tyre Wear: Authentic
Breaks Between Races: 0

As with any race, please be extra careful off the start coming into turn 1 not to take out other drivers.

Round 3 will be 1 race which starts off in...
Read more about this resource...

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Looking forward to this! Plenty of time for me to practice for once so there’ll be no complaining from me haha. The Supercar isn’t actually that bad round Monza surprisingly, and they’re not far off GT3 times, at least my own lol.

Did some testing the other day to get a feel for the wet. Not sure how my pace is so far with a 1:55 average but feel room for some more time if I can make the car feel a little more planted.
I’m trying to explore tuning a lot more than I ever do to try and really understand how I can get some changes happening for when I don’t like how it’s behaving, and of course to get more pace out of it.
I know there’s setups out there but it’ll be an achievement for me to do and understand myself what I’ve actually done to create the change in pace and feel lol. This wet race is a good chance to really be able to feel those changes.

Do you guys generally go softer or stiffer on the falcon if you tune? I think irl they generally go quite soft...

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
1:55 in the wet is fast man, i think im sitting at 1:58 atm, timmy 1:56. To be honest man, i suck at car setups, though i tend to go for stiff. It would be a achievement for me to mate, im in the same boat. VIPR FPR VIPR FPR sets his car up completely him self, if he knew how to actually use the forums better, he would reply :D And yes, the car has always been good around Monza in pcars 1, but harder in pcars 2, but pretty stable. Im still using the same setup as last round and the round before. Its maybe a little slow in the wet but extra fast in the dry. Timmy seems to be flying in the dry and wet, i need to do some extra super laps in the dry before the rain sets in lol.

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
Same as Jordan I think 1:55 is great ;-) I'm also trying to understand different set-ups and doing my own tuning as its super rewarding when you crack a good time. I'm going stiff cause this race will start dry and then move to wet but my thoughts are that a softer set-up should be better in the wet as more mechanical grip should be less prone to sliding. My best has been a 1:50 in the dry and 1:59 in the wet. of note the longer it rains the harder it will get as water will pool around the track. Should be interesting racing.

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
When testing, I do remember the water, puddles forming. There’s one spot on the track, I can’t remember where, but it effected the car big time to the point I was pulling 2:00+ minutes a lap lol. But that was testing, the laps number is less round 3 than tested so hopefully it don’t get to flooded lol. Also, when it starts to spit rain, you could take the chance of doing a extra fast lap before pitting for wets, I think I pushed for 2 and come undone lol. I have been crook all week and sore. But hoping tomorrow I’ll be up for some practice and work on that wet weather. Also Dave_B Dave_B , I understand where you’re coming from with the set up man.

Thread starter #7

VIPR

Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIP-Racing
Country
Australia
Is it an open lobby? Or is it private? I.e. do i need a pword to get in?
Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn is host mate, he will add you as this series is a private room.

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn Dave_B Dave_B ah okay cool, sounds like everyone is venturing a bit then :). I’ve set mine more up for the wet as that’ll be most likely where I’ll make a mistake, so minimising that with a comfortable wet setup.
The puddles definitely become an issue after a point but manageable before it’s too bad, which I doubt we’ll reach. Just gotta stay away from the kerbs as that’s where they seem to form, notibly Turn 3, exit of 5 at the second chicane, and the Turn 6 & 7 Lesmos and the entry to Parabolica.

Should be fun!

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
I’m not sure what number corner. But after the main big strait, kinda like the second last corner, that pool of water that got you pubs, I ended up going around it mate. Sorry I’m down town and g2g.