Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, following the opening few rounds I have been evaluating the progress of the series as a whole and in what direction we should go in heading forward for the remainder of the series. I'll be completely honest and saw that running 5 different categories has been a massive undertaking and leaves me doing a mountain of work between races with the tallying of points, drivers briefings and many other things in between. On top of that trying to run 3 (on occasion 4) different races on the one night has left us with a lot of late Sunday nights which has probably been less than ideal. As a result I am thinking of cutting the number of categories from the 5 we have to either 2 or 3. I think my ideal thoughts are to run the Touring Cars nearly every week along with the Formula Track Stars Series and then shuffle the GT series calendar to continue which is the most supported class out of the 3 minor series. I'd like to know everyones thoughts before going ahead and put up a poll for all of us to vote on. I'd really appreciate everybodies input.

Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn VIPR VIPR DZITEZ DZITEZ Pubs16 Pubs16 Dave_B Dave_B Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 evilknight85 evilknight85 VIPR FPR VIPR FPR BigB BigB L Littleknocks25 S Scotty17

VIPR

Founder
Administrator
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIP-Racing
Country
Australia
To be honest mate, sometimes it's hard enough to run one series. You have jumped into the deep end man lol. As much as you're doing a great job, this is probably the better way to go. Throwing more time into 2 series rather than 5! I think mite be the ideal choice :D

I'll leave everyone to vote, but that's my 2 cents.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
To be honest mate, sometimes it's hard enough to run one series. You have jumped into the deep end man lol. As much as you're doing a great job, this is probably the better way to go. Throwing more time into 2 series rather than 5! I think mite be the ideal choice :D

I'll leave everyone to vote, but that's my 2 cents.
You’re definitely more than welcome to throw your 2 cents in and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

I’d love to have everyone feel like they are an important part of the series and that their thoughts will be taken into account when it comes to decision making, a bit like used to happen when the Track Stars Series was originally run on GT6. Once you get on a roll it’s all easy but it just consumes a lot of time.

I like the idea of 2 series but we could make 3 work well too and I like the format we run under in the GT Cup, especially as it will be a series where we aim to give everyone a chance at winning races if they get it right on the day.

The other point I feel should be raised is that the Red Bull Juniors and the Prototypes have small fields which puts a dampener on things at the start of the night. Maybe heading into the major races straight away will allow everyone to just jump in and race the series they live without waiting around.

VIPR

Founder
Administrator
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIP-Racing
Country
Australia
Spot on man well said. I reckon, if it was me running the series. I'd do a weekly GT2 as it popular as you know, and a GT3 series, who wouldn't race GT3!

The red bull etc could be run as a one off club event a few times throughout the year. Even after GT2 and GT3 series have finished, drivers will have those single fun events to keep them coming back hopefully. The fun events on GTS could be run in between small breaks to, like while the project cars 2 V8 and GT3 series is ran.

A big mix of series and events could be fun. I have drivers asking me how far off the pCARS series is. So there is definitely interest in both games. Maybe I could activate the chat room for all of us to login and chat one night. Just a thought.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Spot on man well said. I reckon, if it was me running the series. I'd do a weekly GT2 as it popular as you know, and a GT3 series, who wouldn't race GT3!

The red bull etc could be run as a one off club event a few times throughout the year. Even after GT2 and GT3 series have finished, drivers will have those single fun events to keep them coming back hopefully. The fun events on GTS could be run in between small breaks to, like while the project cars 2 V8 and GT3 series is ran.

A big mix of series and events could be fun. I have drivers asking me how far off the pCARS series is. So there is definitely interest in both games. Maybe I could activate the chat room for all of us to login and chat one night. Just a thought.
You could be onto something there! I’ll have to add that poll option as well. It might be something that could work well.

Also, on the topic of Project Cars you can put me down on the list of people looking forward to the next series. I deliberately made this series run fortnightly so that we can fit some Project Cars races in alongside the GT Sport races.

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
I would be happy with the GT and Touring Car Series. I find it difficult to get used of 3-4 cars on the night. The RB Junior and Prototype just don't do it for me lol. The RB Standard is fun to drive and would be good to have some special events with this car. Especially coz i paid cash for it lol.

PS, you are doing a great job ItzRacing ItzRacing

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Yeah I thought this from when it was announced, that it would be a huge undertaking with quite a few different series running. I’m glad you’ve put this out there, because I consider how much work you put into all of this dude and it’s massive. I would be happy with two, Touring Cars and GT3 being the most popular and seems everyone is really getting on top of their pace for them. The open wheelers and protos seem to be a little bit more of a handful for some but I’d be happy to join in on a RB race from time to time.

Truly appreciate how above and beyond you go to get this all together ItzRacing ItzRacing , and I hope it can all continue to reward you with further growing turnouts.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
I would be happy with the GT and Touring Car Series. I find it difficult to get used of 3-4 cars on the night. The RB Junior and Prototype just don't do it for me lol. The RB Standard is fun to drive and would be good to have some special events with this car. Especially coz i paid cash for it lol.

PS, you are doing a great job ItzRacing ItzRacing
Yeah I thought this from when it was announced, that it would be a huge undertaking with quite a few different series running. I’m glad you’ve put this out there, because I consider how much work you put into all of this dude and it’s massive. I would be happy with two, Touring Cars and GT3 being the most popular and seems everyone is really getting on top of their pace for them. The open wheelers and protos seem to be a little bit more of a handful for some but I’d be happy to join in on a RB race from time to time.

Truly appreciate how above and beyond you go to get this all together ItzRacing ItzRacing , and I hope it can all continue to reward you with further growing turnouts.
Thanks to both of you for the kind words. Right from the start I knew this could be a lot of work but I had a bit of an idea of what I thought might work in the future but it hasn’t panned out that way. It’s probably a case of doing too much too soon lol.

Looks like the general concensus is to go with Group 2 and GT3 cars. I’ll begin some planning now in anticipation of going down that path and make sure the details will be put in place as soon as possible to allow everyone else to prepare for next week.

I can tell you that there will definitely be a few races in the Red Bull Standard as well. Mainly looking at doing a Blue Moon Speedway race to replace Willow Springs and then possibly a race as part of the Bathurst and St Croix events at the end of the season depending on how things pan out.

Toranafan-02

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
SIR_Tyson_02
Country
Australia
I'd be happy with either gt3 or gr2 or both. Seems to be what pulls the most numbers, also the juniors seem to be a good category too so if you want to cut down to make life easier than I've got no complaints keep up the good work ItzRacing ItzRacing

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Thanks to both of you for the kind words. Right from the start I knew this could be a lot of work but I had a bit of an idea of what I thought might work in the future but it hasn’t panned out that way. It’s probably a case of doing too much too soon lol.

Looks like the general concensus is to go with Group 2 and GT3 cars. I’ll begin some planning now in anticipation of going down that path and make sure the details will be put in place as soon as possible to allow everyone else to prepare for next week.

I can tell you that there will definitely be a few races in the Red Bull Standard as well. Mainly looking at doing a Blue Moon Speedway race to replace Willow Springs and then possibly a race as part of the Bathurst and St Croix events at the end of the season depending on how things pan out.
Might be a little too much too soon. It’s a great idea and concept and definitely can work, I think if there were full lobbies that’s definitely all it needs to really work. Especially if there ends up to be a real diverse entry list of drivers, so that the fast guys are catered for in the top categories and then the support categories filled up with the rest of the skill curve.
Hopefully people can continue to come this way and the options for such a large series can follow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.