• 2018 “It doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that.” 2018

This site is owned and third-party cookies. If you continue with us we understand that you accept the use of cookies.

My Dog is taking Rimadyl. How long to take effect?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cave Man, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Cave Man

Cave Man VIPR Member Member

Something is wrong with my Dog. He has been acting strange, not moving around much at all. His only 6 years old and after taking him to the Vets. They say he has Osteoarthritis somewhere in his joins at the back hips or leg. So the Vets say! And they want me to give him Rimadyl Chews. This could explain why my active Dog is now moving around like a 14 year old Dog.

My question is. How long does Rimadyl Chews take to come into effect?
  2. Fed

Fed VIPR Member Member

Rimadyl is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and pain relief for dogs and should start to take effect in the first 24 to 48 hours. If you see no improvement in a few days i am sure you will ring the Vet back. Wish your dog luck.
    5 people like this.
  3. Creasy

Creasy VIPR Member Member

actually you may find that your dog will be stiff in the legs in the mornings after he gets up. or any time after a nap. once they start moving they seem to be pretty fine, specially for an active dog like you say. ive noticed that dogs are pretty good at hiding pain to which makes things hard not knowing how much pain they're actually in. if you give him those chews with food of a night, you should notice improvement the next day. but anyways, sorry your dog has arthritis at such a young age, that sucks for him. all the best mate.

p.s, dont forget to google Rimadyl and do some reading, vets are not always right.
    4 people like this.