Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
Okay everyone, room is now open. I made it a public room so those that aren’t friends with me can join easily.

First track is Bathurst in group 3 cars

Room ID: 0475-4275-5171-8120-7620
Sorry man, got your text. We just got back from holidays guys. There's probably no way I could get the updates downloaded that quick.

Is this just a practice get together for tonight?

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Sorry man, got your text. We just got back from holidays guys. There's probably no way I could get the updates downloaded that quick.

Welcome home dude. Don’t stress, know what it’s like getting back home. Itz might confirm but I believe it’s just a get together for some casual races.

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
Welcome home dude. Don’t stress, know what it’s like getting back home. Itz might confirm but I believe it’s just a get together for some casual races.
Ok cool man thanks. I'll be there next event for sure. Oh, hope Bali was awesome man to. I got to do some unpacking.

ItzRacing

VIPR Member
Top Poster Of Month
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia

All good, Glad to read that you enjoyed your holiday!

we just had a few casual races tonight trying different car and track combinations. It seemed to be a good night and it was a lot of fun racing with everyone again. I’m keen to set up another night next Sunday if there’s anyone keen to join in. I’m thinking we’ll run some races in group 2 cars and the red bull junior

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
Thanks for running last nights racers it has given me a new appreciation for GT Sport. One real noticeable difference from PCars, apart from the stunning visuals, is the tyre squealing and handling on cornering which I am struggling with. The tyre sound makes me unsure if I'm sliding and I don't really here which tyre is making the noise and I don't seem to have a good feel for the suspension so turning in feels a bit like an arcade game. Can anyone suggest some tune or setting adjustments to make this better. Much Appreciated :)

ItzRacing

VIPR Member
Top Poster Of Month
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Thanks for running last nights racers it has given me a new appreciation for GT Sport. One real noticeable difference from PCars, apart from the stunning visuals, is the tyre squealing and handling on cornering which I am struggling with. The tyre sound makes me unsure if I'm sliding and I don't really here which tyre is making the noise and I don't seem to have a good feel for the suspension so turning in feels a bit like an arcade game. Can anyone suggest some tune or setting adjustments to make this better. Much Appreciated :)
The biggest piece of advice I can give to is to just practice as much as you can. Getting Laps under your belt will go a long way to improving your times. I’d say everything probably comes easier to a lot of us because we have played racing games for 10+ years and a lot of these tracks have been in various games, so we all know what corners are coming on each track. Also pay attention to what works and what doesn’t on every corner. A lot of us learn what the best way around is by doing a lot of trial and error with braking points, turn in points, racing lines, points of acceleration and our car position. You should be able to get an idea by your split times of what works and what doesn’t quite work as well and from there you should hopefully be able to find a rhythm that you can get into during a race that allows you to be consistent and mistake free during events. I should also ask, do you race with a controller or wheel?

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Everything ItzRacing ItzRacing mentioned I can agree with definitely. For sure a few of us have been doing it for a long time, especially Gran Turismo. Me personally I’ve been on a wheel now for nearly 6 years now, and most of my time has been on Gran Turismo right from GT1, with a wheel from GT6. So our “feel” for GT Sport has been from at least the last few titles and the handling has very much slowly evolved and still has a GT-esk like feel to it that we’ve learnt.

The tyre model is definitely a lot simpler than PCars I believe, especially when it comes to temp and pressures. You pretty much have good to go grip putting wear aside. The sequel is more pronounced in GT, you almost want squealing to be on the limit of grip.

To be honest I personally haven’t even adjusted one bit of tuning in GT Sport because the FIA Championships have fixed setups, so I’ve always just adjusted to the car. Some are better than others on default setups, but depending on how you are at adjusting driving style BoP times are closely achievable in most Groups.

As ItzRacing ItzRacing mentioned, practice is the best way, trial and error with your limits on braking, the best possible lines and mid corner speeds will bring more and more understanding on what the car is doing and how you can get further pace out of it.

From memory you’re on a G29, the FFB settings I use are 7, 3, 4 in that order (I can’t quite remember the titles sorry lol). I find that gives me a nice feel for kerbs and weight without any clipping. Naturally in GT Sport the actual track surface detail is quite numb and smooth on all wheels. I use default ABS and TC2 on most cars but I would recommend learning without TC as I noticed you were doing.
This is good because the TCS is far from perfect and actually hinders you more than anything (I’ve just adjusted to it but TC0 is actually faster). On that note, the throttle is non-linear, why? Nobody knows, but it does present new players a problem in the fact that the last 30% or starts to move faster than you’re actual pedal input. So just keep that in mind if you’re finding you lose traction and need to have super fine adjustments to the input towards 70-100% throttle. A lot of people complain that the rear lights up too easily, this is partly a cause.

You seemed to not have many accidents which is a good sign you’re adjusting to your pace rather than going too much and just crashing all the time. This is the perfect way to learn and gradually you should find more and more pace as you familiarise with the game’s physics. I would suggest watch some top 10 time replays with the hud up so you can see fast drivers inputs and reference points, this should help a lot. Circuit experience missions are great also to learn a lot of tracks and key corners.

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
The biggest piece of advice I can give to is to just practice as much as you can. Getting Laps under your belt will go a long way to improving your times. I’d say everything probably comes easier to a lot of us because we have played racing games for 10+ years and a lot of these tracks have been in various games, so we all know what corners are coming on each track. Also pay attention to what works and what doesn’t on every corner. A lot of us learn what the best way around is by doing a lot of trial and error with braking points, turn in points, racing lines, points of acceleration and our car position. You should be able to get an idea by your split times of what works and what doesn’t quite work as well and from there you should hopefully be able to find a rhythm that you can get into during a race that allows you to be consistent and mistake free during events. I should also ask, do you race with a controller or wheel?
Cheers for the advice and I use a G29 wheel with H pattern shifter (paddles used for cars with actual paddle shifters).

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
Everything ItzRacing ItzRacing mentioned I can agree with definitely. For sure a few of us have been doing it for a long time, especially Gran Turismo. Me personally I’ve been on a wheel now for nearly 6 years now, and most of my time has been on Gran Turismo right from GT1, with a wheel from GT6. So our “feel” for GT Sport has been from at least the last few titles and the handling has very much slowly evolved and still has a GT-esk like feel to it that we’ve learnt.

The tyre model is definitely a lot simpler than PCars I believe, especially when it comes to temp and pressures. You pretty much have good to go grip putting wear aside. The sequel is more pronounced in GT, you almost want squealing to be on the limit of grip.

To be honest I personally haven’t even adjusted one bit of tuning in GT Sport because the FIA Championships have fixed setups, so I’ve always just adjusted to the car. Some are better than others on default setups, but depending on how you are at adjusting driving style BoP times are closely achievable in most Groups.

As ItzRacing ItzRacing mentioned, practice is the best way, trial and error with your limits on braking, the best possible lines and mid corner speeds will bring more and more understanding on what the car is doing and how you can get further pace out of it.

From memory you’re on a G29, the FFB settings I use are 7, 3, 4 in that order (I can’t quite remember the titles sorry lol). I find that gives me a nice feel for kerbs and weight without any clipping. Naturally in GT Sport the actual track surface detail is quite numb and smooth on all wheels. I use default ABS and TC2 on most cars but I would recommend learning without TC as I noticed you were doing.
This is good because the TCS is far from perfect and actually hinders you more than anything (I’ve just adjusted to it but TC0 is actually faster). On that note, the throttle is non-linear, why? Nobody knows, but it does present new players a problem in the fact that the last 30% or starts to move faster than you’re actual pedal input. So just keep that in mind if you’re finding you lose traction and need to have super fine adjustments to the input towards 70-100% throttle. A lot of people complain that the rear lights up too easily, this is partly a cause.

You seemed to not have many accidents which is a good sign you’re adjusting to your pace rather than going too much and just crashing all the time. This is the perfect way to learn and gradually you should find more and more pace as you familiarise with the game’s physics. I would suggest watch some top 10 time replays with the hud up so you can see fast drivers inputs and reference points, this should help a lot. Circuit experience missions are great also to learn a lot of tracks and key corners.
Thanks Pubs I will definitely take note of the throttle as I didn't know it wasn't linear. I think I will be putting more time into Gt Sport as I really enjoyed the races and I will get used to the feel of the game. Good memory buddy I do have a G29. I played around with my FFB today and resolved to 7,5,3 which felt nice for me but I will give yours a try also as yours should yield better road feel and I didn't think of reversing force and sensitivity. I generally use settings as per real life so I don't like any aids which are not in the real cars, this includes my preference for the cockpit view. Thanks for all the advice I will definitely take note and practice as much as I can.

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Ratings
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Thanks Pubs I will definitely take note of the throttle as I didn't know it wasn't linear. I think I will be putting more time into Gt Sport as I really enjoyed the races and I will get used to the feel of the game. Good memory buddy I do have a G29. I played around with my FFB today and resolved to 7,5,3 which felt nice for me but I will give yours a try also as yours should yield better road feel and I didn't think of reversing force and sensitivity. I generally use settings as per real life so I don't like any aids which are not in the real cars, this includes my preference for the cockpit view. Thanks for all the advice I will definitely take note and practice as much as I can.
This shows how it acts which is handy to know.

Glad you enjoyed it man, you definitely will get used to the game. With FFB, yeah I found that a little less torque and more sensitivity a bit better personally. I used to have torque way up but found it loses a lot of feel, but of course whatever works for you :).

I would love to race in cockpit on GTS but I find it feels very restrictive, compared to PCars2. You can adjust the view back or forwards, up and down in the settings for each car but it’s a very small amount. I use the “roof” view in GTS, unlike pcars2 using cockpit, but that probably comes down to that’s how I’ve always played Gran Turismo.

No worries at all man, just throwing some small details out there for you and anyone else that might hopefully help come to grips with a new game :).

Ok cool man thanks. I'll be there next event for sure. Oh, hope Bali was awesome man to. I got to do some unpacking.
Yeah it was great man thanks, a much needed break I think cause I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would lol. Hope yours was sweet too! Where’d you get to?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.