• 2018 “It doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that.” 2018

This site is owned and third-party cookies. If you continue with us we understand that you accept the use of cookies.

• #VIPR Australia's No.1 Sim Racing Forums

Online Sim Racing Community for Australia, New Zealand and worldwide.
    Register Now!
  • Win Real Prizes at #VIPR

Join a series or club event and win real prizes!
    Read More
  • Gaming Community

Chat with other Gamers in our Gaming Discussion Forum!
    Join to Chat
  • Off-Topic Discussions

PC Bathurst Lap Time: 2:00.661 - Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar - RJ's Thoughts - Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Racing Jordyn, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Racing Jordyn

Racing Jordyn Official VIPR Driver Premium

PSN:
    VIPR_Jordyn
    Australia
    Even though this is not a world record time. I'm stoked for sitting in 4th place out of like 600 times recorded. In project CARS 1, i must say, i did do pretty well in the Ford FG. I broke a lot of world records on PC and PS4, and was a pretty consistent race driver in this beast. When pCARS 2 came out, i found myself pretty slow and average in the FG and thoughts were running through my head like, is this it, is my winning streak over, am i not going to be known as a fast driver in the V8's anymore, not known as the one to beat. I felt i was losing hope, and those that take sim racing seriously would understand of these thoughts and cycles if that makes any sense at all. I don't show pony or up my self, like, look at me, beat that time or i beat you with a smile. That's not me at all. And from experience from real life sports and sim racing, the show pony mite win a few, but in the end, they always lose. I'm talking about the "look at me, i am to good" show pony's. Don't be one of them, because you will throw your brain into over confidence mode and end up losing. Who am i? I'm the quite one not talking, sitting there racing my race in my head before it starts. I'm the one whos mind keeps saying "You have to believe that something different can happen". Of course i like people saying "you're good" "You're fast", but at the same time, i don't want to hear that. All that matters to me is, i have done it for me, i have made myself proud. I have proved to my self i can do it, or i did it. You know, behind closed doors with a fist pump, YESSSSS, till the adrenaline dies down lol. My mind was fighting this saying "He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right". I feel know that i have the "He who says he can" back in my brain. Like, im not saying i am going to kick everyone's ass this year, all thats going through my head at the moment is, i may just go better than i thought i would this year. I am just happy that the fire is back to go well. Anyway, i'll shut up now, this post is starting to look like a persons facebook post, omg hang me now :D

:crap:

Well, here is the Bathurst Time Trial i didn't get the world record to, but certainly have improved to get damn close to it. Thanks for reading my unusual post and my video.

Over and out!
    :marsa37:

Lupita Ramos, Dave_B and evilknight85 like this.
  2. evilknight85

evilknight85 VIPR Member Member

PSN:
    evilknight85
    Australia
    well said mate spoken like a true racer

Racing Jordyn likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Racing Jordyn

Racing Jordyn Official VIPR Driver Premium

PSN: