Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Before we get into the drivers briefing, I'd like to announce following the poll and discussion last week we will be reducing the main part of the series to just 2 class. These 2 classes will be the Track Stars Touring Car Series and the Track Stars GT Cup, using the Group 2 and 3 cars respectively. We have updated the calendars for the Tour and the 2 series which are as follows:

Touring Car Calendar v2.png

GT Cup Calendar v2.png

Also, the Willow Springs 500 race for the Red Bull Standards has been moved, with the race now taking place on July the 7th with a change of track. The Willow Springs track will be replaced with the Blue Moon Speedway layout. Autopolis also replaces Kyoto on the calendar, with the dates after Round 9 shuffled to allow an additional event at Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop. The GT Series and Touring Car series will also have 2 seperate series within them. We will now have a DTM and European GT series running until the completion of the Nurburgring event. Then we will have a Super GT and Asia-Pacific GT Series running from the Autopolis round until the end of the season. There will still be a season long points championship for both classes. This will allow newcomers a chance to be in the running for a championship in the 2nd half of the season while still rewarding those who were with us from the start.​

2019 Track Stars Racing Series Event 5 Drivers Briefing

Date: Sunday, May 12th
Track: Red Bull Ring GP Course
Direction: Clockwise (Normal Circuit)
Circuit Distance: 4.318km

Schedule of Events (All times in AEST Timezone)

7:00-7:45 Room Opens & GT Cup Practice
7:50-8:30 Track Stars GT Cup Race (40 Minutes)
8:30-8:45 Track Stars Touring Cars Qualifying Practice
8:50-9:10 Track Stars Touring Cars Race 1 (12 Laps)
9:20-9:40 Track Stars Touring Cars Race 2 (12 Laps)
9:50-10:10 Track Stars Touring Cars Race 3 (12 Laps)

Track Stars GT Cup Round 3 Information

Races: 1
Time: 40 minutes
Circuit Time: 10:45

Grid positions determined by driver ratings, with starting handicaps announced in the room prior to the race start.

Minimum of Racing: Soft tyre is to be used.

Track Stars Touring Car Series Round 5 Information

Races: 3
Laps: 12
Circuit Time: 15:15

Qualifying: 15 minutes from the completion of the Formula Track Stars race, or 8:45pm, whichever is first

Grid positions for race 1 will be decided by Qualifying times. Grid order for races 2 & 3 will be decided by the finishing order of race 1.

Racing Soft Tyres will be required for this event.

There will be no pit stops required in any of the 3 races

Room Settings

Race Settings

Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Real
Damage: None
Tyre Wear: 1x
Fuel Wear: 1x
Grip Reduction: Real

Penalty Settings
Collision Ghosting: None
Shortcut Penalty: Invalidate Time
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Side Contact Penalty: None
Correct Vehicle after collision: Off
Replace cars when they leave the track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Ghost Lapped cars: Off

Driving Aids
Counter steering: Prohibited
ASM: Allowed
Driving Line: No Limit
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto Drive: Prohibited

Race Starts

Please take caution at race starts to ensure yourself and all other competitors make it through turn 1 without incident. With damage turned off you can get away with a little bit of panel rubbing but there should be no excuses for charging into turn 1 and running into someone else and ruining their race right at the start. There will be plenty of time to make your way to the front if you are fast enough.

Attendance Sheets

Please complete the following form with the relevant information to give organisers an indication of what numbers to expect on race night.

Please like the post to acknowledge that you have read and understand all points of the drivers briefing.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing everyone in the lobby next Sunday night.

Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn DZITEZ DZITEZ Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 A adamwyman Pubs16 Pubs16 Dave_B Dave_B evilknight85 evilknight85 VIPR FPR VIPR FPR BigB BigB L Littleknocks25 S Scotty17

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Track Stars Racing Series Round 5 / Red Bull Ring GP / Entries
PSN ID / Car Number
1. ItzRacing / #95

Last edited:

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
PSN ID / Car Number
1. ItzRacing / #95
2. UNC_Pubs16 / #16

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
PSN ID / Car Number
1. ItzRacing / #95
2. UNC_Pubs16 / #16
3. VIPR_Jordyn / #46

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
PSN ID / Car Number
1. ItzRacing / #95
2. UNC_Pubs16 / #16
3. VIPR_Jordyn / #46
4. VIPR_DZITEZ / #27

Scotty17

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
scottydjr17
Country
Australia
PSN ID / Car Number
1. ItzRacing / #95
2. UNC_Pubs16 / #16
3. VIPR_Jordyn / #46
4. VIPR_DZITEZ / #27
5. scottydjr17 / #51

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Also while I remember it, let’s give a friendly welcome to S Scotty17 who has recently signed up to race with us. Thanks for joining us and we look forward to seeing you on track!

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Lobby for Round 5 of the Track Stars Racing Series is now open

Room ID 0475-4196-7551-6478-1636

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Thanks to the few that turned out Sunday night, even though I had a catastrophic failure with my wheel it was actually a blast trying to drive these group 2 cars on a DS4. I was suprised how close to the pace I ended up being! We were a bit light on numbers and I think that's something I'll have to stand up and take responsibility for as it was very poor planning on my part having a race on Mother's day and it's probably the reason majority of drivers couldn't make it. I hope we have everyone turn out for the next round though, it'd be great to get the decent fields back like we had in round 1. Congratulations to DZITEZ DZITEZ and Pubs16 Pubs16 on winning the races on Sunday, Daggs was very impressive in the GT race and was very hard to catch, while Pubs was the fastest all night in the Touring Cars and thouroughly deserved the clean sweep! Bad luck to evilknight85 evilknight85 who was in contention for the win in the GT race but a pit stop error proved costly for him. Also sorry about spinning you out, I was switched over to the DS4 at that point and didnt have as much control over the car as I'm used to, was definitely my fault and had to make sure you finished 3rd instead of racing off, as I didn't deserve that spot. Anyway, here are the results and points standings after Sunday nights races.

GT Rd 3 Results.png

Rd 5 TC Results.png

GT Rd 3 Points.png

Rd 5 TC Points.png

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
In the GT Cup race I was glad I had a 20sec lead. I thought the GT Cup races were 30 min races and was watching my fuel for that. When the time kept going I was like oh shit lol. I had to pit for fuel so I put new tyres on. I came out 3rd and was surprised when evilknight85 evilknight85 pitted again. Then I passed ItzRacing ItzRacing for the win lol.

The Touring Cars are so much fun. I had ItzRacing ItzRacing dive up the inside which I switched back and got him. So I didn't let that happen again... Was hard to pass as you could tell you were not using the wheel.
Also in the first race I had a nice lead but of course I made a very small mistake and let Pubs16 Pubs16 through. (I almost had you)....

Oh and I love the RedBull Ring. Always has been a favorite of mine.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
In the GT Cup race I was glad I had a 20sec lead. I thought the GT Cup races were 30 min races and was watching my fuel for that. When the time kept going I was like oh shit lol. I had to pit for fuel so I put new tyres on. I came out 3rd and was surprised when evilknight85 evilknight85 pitted again. Then I passed ItzRacing ItzRacing for the win lol.

The Touring Cars are so much fun. I had ItzRacing ItzRacing dive up the inside which I switched back and got him. So I didn't let that happen again... Was hard to pass as you could tell you were not using the wheel.
Also in the first race I had a nice lead but of course I made a very small mistake and let Pubs16 Pubs16 through. (I almost had you)....

Oh and I love the RedBull Ring. Always has been a favorite of mine.
Sorry mate, I did have 40 minutes in the drivers briefing along with the updated schedule. I thought because we were dropping a class of racing away from the nightly schedule that we’d add an extra 10 minutes to the race. I will add that this will be the norm for the rest of the year so you won’t have to deal with anymore changes.

There was definitely some entertaining battles between everyone all night in the Touring Cars, I’ll agree that I wasn’t as smooth with the controller as I am with the wheel haha!

Well that explains why you were so fast then! Especially if it’s a favourite of yours. I think with the racing we put on it should be one of the tracks that will be at the top of the pile when considering schedules for future series

Last edited:

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
Sorry mate, I did have 40 minutes in the drivers briefing along with the updated schedule. I thought because we were dropping a class of racing away from the nightly schedule that we’d add an extra 10 minutes to the race. I will add that this will be the norm for the rest of the year so you won’t have to deal with anymore changes.

There was definitely some entertaining battles between everyone all night in the Touring Cars, I’ll agree that I wasn’t as smooth with the controller as I am with the wheel haha!

Well that explains why you were so fast then! Especially if it’s a favourite of yours. I think with the racing we put on it should be one of the tracks that will be at the top of the pile when considering schedules for future series
All good, I should have read a little harder lol. But being so fast I was lucky lol...
I'd say you done better with the controller so you should keep using it. Hahaha
Yeah would like to do this track in the RedBull Stadard..

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
All good, I should have read a little harder lol. But being so fast I was lucky lol...
I'd say you done better with the controller so you should keep using it. Hahaha
Yeah would like to do this track in the RedBull Stadard..
Haha it probably helped I adjusted the handicaps to accomodate for the longer race as well ;)

Hahaha nice try, but I think I was definitely faster and more consistent with the wheel. I’ve got a wheel on order so hopefully it shows up before next weeks race, thought I’d take the opportunity to upgrade too. My bank account doesn’t like it but hopefully it will have me sorted for another 5 years.

I’ll definitely keep that in mind for the future too, I’d like to do something where half the calendar has GT3 support races and the other half is either Red Bull Standards or Super Formula Cars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.