Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
Here are the results and standings following last nights round at Brands Hatch. Congratulations to Luurox_22 Luurox_22 and Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 on their impressive drives last night. We have one round left in the 'European Series' this Sunday night at the Nurburgring GP Circuit before we head into the 'Asia-Pacific series' in September.

View attachment 3389
Apologies to Tyson on getting his PSN ID wrong...

View attachment 3390

View attachment 3391

View attachment 3392

Heading into this week, DZITEZ DZITEZ holds a very narrow margin over myself in the European GT Series. If he finished 1 spot behind me he will take series, and if I finish 1st and he finishes 2nd it will be a tie, with both of us unable to be seperated. In the European Touring Car Series, Pubs16 Pubs16 absence from Brands Hatch has meant I have an almost unassailable lead in the standings.​
Looks like a good amount of position swaps Sunday night! Sorry I couldn’t make it once again.
In saying that I thought I had missed more rounds, but there have been missed races I guess. Damn ItzRacing ItzRacing slipping away in points, is that really the case with so many rounds remaining? I’ll have to at least pull my finger out over the next stint in Asia, I really enjoy all the next few tracks coming up.
DZITEZ DZITEZ great work leading the GT Cup! That’s awesome dude.

I’ve been thinking of suggesting moving our PS Messages comms to Discord. It definitely is on iOS, have used it for a couple different series briefly now, it’s pretty sweet.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Looks like a good amount of position swaps Sunday night! Sorry I couldn’t make it once again.
In saying that I thought I had missed more rounds, but there have been missed races I guess. Damn ItzRacing ItzRacing slipping away in points, is that really the case with so many rounds remaining? I’ll have to at least pull my finger out over the next stint in Asia, I really enjoy all the next few tracks coming up.

I’ve been thinking of suggesting moving our PS Messages comms to Discord. It definitely is on iOS, have used it for a couple different series briefly now, it’s pretty sweet.
I meant I have a handy lead in the European part of the series. Definitely still wide open in the year long standings. But I figured we should split the series into 2 seperate standings so that in the 2nd half it gives those that have joined late or missed a few rounds something to aim for!

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia

Actually this site has a discord. We just haven’t re-added it yet.

Oh, first time recording to lol.
Round 6 Race 1 I think.

Toranafan-02

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
SIR_Tyson_02
Country
Australia
I'll be giving tonight a miss due to state of origin, 1st time played on Sunday night. Don't Perth just ruin everything

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Yeah I know right. Going to miss racing so much! Yes it's for work so nothing much I can do cause the bills gotto get paid somehow.
Yeah, that work stuff gets in the way of everything :p

Hopefully you’ll be able to join us tonight?

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Thanks to everyone who raced on Sunday night, I've finally been able to get through the replays and sort out the official results from the 3 races. Unfortunately there were a couple of incidents that needed reviewing from the GT Race with penalties applied.

Stewards Report from GT Cup Round 6

Incident #1 - Dave_B - Not following start procedure - 30 second penalty added to race time

I will admit I made an error in my messages in room, however there were 2 other messages that outlined that there was a 30 second handicap for Dave_B. As a result we have added the 30 seconds in a post race penalty.

Incident #2 - Nickmate3_ & DZITEZ - Contact resulting in lose of multiple positions - 10 second penalty added to race time

Nick loses control under braking for turn 7 and a result hits DZITEZ off track causing him to drop from 4th to 6th. This penalty could have been avoided by dropping back behind DZITEZ again following the incident and then maybe making the overtake later on in the race. We understand the driver is new and did consider letting this one go but then also thought that a penalty in a situation where a driver didn't have anything to lose in terms of a points battle would be better than letting it slide and then having to apply a penalty later on with championship implications.

Now onto the race results

Rd 6 GT Results.png

Rd 8 TC Results.png

Also, with the conclusion of the Nurburgring round we have reached the mid season break and the end of the European leg of the Track Stars Racing Series. As a result we are pleased to respectively crown DZITEZ and ItzRacing the Euro GT Cup and European Touring Car Champions.

Euro GT Points.png

Euro TC Points.png

DZITEZ DZITEZ Pubs16 Pubs16 Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 evilknight85 evilknight85 Dave_B Dave_B Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn VIPR FPR VIPR FPR Luurox_22 Luurox_22 S Scotty17 N Nickmate3 L Littleknocks25 Z ZHarvs92

Thank you to everyone who raced with us in the first half of the season, we look forward to seeing you return in the 2nd half of the season and hopefully join us at the next event which is the Blue Moon Bay 500.​

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
Thanks to everyone who raced on Sunday night, I've finally been able to get through the replays and sort out the official results from the 3 races. Unfortunately there were a couple of incidents that needed reviewing from the GT Race with penalties applied.

Stewards Report from GT Cup Round 6

Incident #1 - Dave_B - Not following start procedure - 30 second penalty added to race time

I will admit I made an error in my messages in room, however there were 2 other messages that outlined that there was a 30 second handicap for Dave_B. As a result we have added the 30 seconds in a post race penalty.

Incident #2 - Nickmate3_ & DZITEZ - Contact resulting in lose of multiple positions - 10 second penalty added to race time

Nick loses control under braking for turn 7 and a result hits DZITEZ off track causing him to drop from 4th to 6th. This penalty could have been avoided by dropping back behind DZITEZ again following the incident and then maybe making the overtake later on in the race. We understand the driver is new and did consider letting this one go but then also thought that a penalty in a situation where a driver didn't have anything to lose in terms of a points battle would be better than letting it slide and then having to apply a penalty later on with championship implications.

Now onto the race results

View attachment 3396

View attachment 3397

Also, with the conclusion of the Nurburgring round we have reached the mid season break and the end of the European leg of the Track Stars Racing Series. As a result we are pleased to respectively crown DZITEZ and ItzRacing the Euro GT Cup and European Touring Car Champions.

View attachment 3398

View attachment 3399

DZITEZ DZITEZ Pubs16 Pubs16 Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 evilknight85 evilknight85 Dave_B Dave_B Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn VIPR FPR VIPR FPR Luurox_22 Luurox_22 S Scotty17 N Nickmate3 L Littleknocks25 Z ZHarvs92

Thank you to everyone who raced with us in the first half of the season, we look forward to seeing you return in the 2nd half of the season and hopefully join us at the next event which is the Blue Moon Bay 500.​
Thank you for letting me win the GT Cup.... Can't believe I came 2nd in the Touring Cars. They are alot of fun. Thanks to everyone for racing too. Thanks ItzRacing ItzRacing for hosting, its alot better having the two classes.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Thank you for letting me win the GT Cup.... Can't believe I came 2nd in the Touring Cars. They are alot of fun. Thanks to everyone for racing too. Thanks ItzRacing ItzRacing for hosting, its alot better having the two classes.
I certainly didn’t let you win, I was fighting very hard to try and take it from you but over the course of the 6 rounds you proved to be the more consistent and cleaner driver which earned you the well deserved victory. The GT victory along with the 2nd in the Touring Cars is certainly a great reward for your loyalty and efforts to attend every race night and hopefully it motivates a few more too try and make every round in hopes of being in contention for a championship at the end ;)

Pubs16

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
UNC_Pubs16
Country
Australia
First of all, sorry this is late guys lol.

Nurburgring was a thoroughly enjoyable round for me, I’m glad I was able to make it. Everyone continues to pick up their game and the new guys are really showing some amazing pace.

GT Cup with the handicaps was a huge challenge as usual to move up from the back and chase down the leaders, but I really like that aspect. 40mins is just long enough to make it possible to catch P1 but I really have to pull the best out of myself to be ultra consistent and have no mistakes to pull it off.
It was an tense battle for the first half being around ItzRacing ItzRacing and Luurox_22 Luurox_22 but managed to scurry away a little and move forward to DZITEZ DZITEZ , evilknight85 evilknight85 and Dave_B Dave_B . Dave sorry to see you cop a penalty due to a misunderstanding for the starting handicaps, still hats off to you for a stellar drive to stay at the front the whole time with no mistakes from what I saw.

DZITEZ DZITEZ congratulations on taking out the GT Cup crown mate! Well deserved to have a very consistent season and to stay ahead of ItzRacing ItzRacing in points come the end, a great effort mate well done.

Come Touring Cars, I didn’t realise what I was in for, but Race 1 I made a good start and wow... The WHOLE race I had N Nickmate3 no more than a second behind at any point, our pace seemed so identical it absolutely pulled the best out of me, and somehow I didn’t crack lol. That was a stellar race mate thank you, lap after lap trading fastest times, it seemed to just push us both further each time to try get back on top of each other’s times. Well done to you, and ItzRacing ItzRacing in P3. I really didn’t have time to keep an eye on the map and see what everyone else was doing, but from the replay looked like some great battles for majority of the race.

Race 2 went a little different, unfortunately didn’t have space for the second replay. But remember losing the start to N Nickmate3 and I knew it was going to be super tough to try get past him somehow, after race 1. Plus had Luurox_22 Luurox_22 close behind so really had to continue watching behind as well. All was follow the leader until pit stops, where I JUST managed to return our in front a lap after Nick pitted, but a huge move holding the outside into turn 1 meant he maintained the lead. Think I came close a couple times but really could not find a way past, congratulations for winning race 2! Wd for Luurox_22 Luurox_22 in P3 (sorry to see you DC race 1).

Also congratulations to ItzRacing ItzRacing for taking out the European leg of the Touring Car Series. I suspect Asia will be very close between quite a few blokes ;).

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, I have just updated the OP with details for the remainder of the series. Although there was a discussion with everyone about a move to Thursday nights for the Touring Cars, we have decided to stick with Sunday night for all races. The updated OP includes a link to a new signup form, which will help give us a bit more information to use in the series. Also, if you can, please encourage everyone you know to join in. It'd be awesome to grow the fields even further in the 2nd half of the season and get some full rooms! I look forward to seeing everyone on track when the series returns on September 1

VIPR VIPR Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn DZITEZ DZITEZ VIPR FPR VIPR FPR Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 Pubs16 Pubs16 Z ZHarvs92 evilknight85 evilknight85 N Nickmate3 Luurox_22 Luurox_22 S Scotty17 Dave_B Dave_B L Littleknocks25

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.