Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia

Welcome to the premier Open Wheel series on the Track Stars tour, the Formula Track Stars Series. The 2019 series will take place over 13 rounds in 11 different countries. The series will be a single make series with the Red Bull X2014 Standard car the weapon of choice for this series. While every race will be important towards finishing in the top 3 and earning prizes, the crown jewel of the series will be the Willow Springs 500 where the drivers will also compete for extra prizes. Majority of the races will be 100km races with the exception of the Willow Springs 500 and the final round which will be 150km. All drivers are welcome to enter and take part in the series.

Races will be run on Sunday nights with the Formula Track Stars action scheduled to take place at around 8 PM AEST (or AEDT in Australian Daylight Savings season) this projected time may be moved forwards or backwards depending on the series position on the events program so we suggest that all drivers stay on the lookout for further information closer to each race.

Car

The car that will be used for the 2019 Formula Track Stars Series will be the Red Bull X2014 Standard car.

Specifications
Power: 698bhp
Weight: 650kg

Tyres

Drivers are able to select any tyre compound that they wish to wish to use during the event, but they must do so under the condition that:

1. They start the race using the same tyre compound that they used in qualifying.

2. They use 2 different tyre compounds during the race.

Points System

Room Settings

Race Settings

Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Real
Damage: None
Tyre Wear: 1x
Fuel Wear: 1x
Grip Reduction: Real

Penalty Settings
Collision Ghosting: None
Shortcut Penalty: Invalidate Time
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Side Contact Penalty: None
Correct Vehicle after collision: Off
Replace cars when they leave the track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Ghost Lapped cars: Off

Driving Aids
Counter steering: Prohibited
ASM: Allowed
Driving Line: No Limit
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto Drive: Prohibited

Driving Standards

As we have damage turned of for the races we will not be opposed to a little bit of rubbing and bumping between cars as long as no one has their race severely affected by any contact. In the event contact does occur and a driver does lose more than the one position we recommend that the driver attempting to pass drops back behind the affected driver to address the situation.

Prize Structure

Series Champion: 3 Month PSN Plus Subcription & $50 Gift card
Series 2nd Place: 1 month PSN Plus Subscripiton & $20 Gift card
Series 3rd Place: 1 Month PSN Plus Subscription

To sign up, please follow the link in provided here and fill in the sign up form.

Last edited:

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia

FTS Rd 3 Points.png

Last edited:

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
Reserved (Media)

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
I would like to join the series.

VIPR_DZITEZ and number 27 reserved if it's available please. I have not checked.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
I would like to join the series.

VIPR_DZITEZ and number 27 reserved if it's available please. I have not checked.
Glad to have you back on board again. #27 is all yours. Are you doing any other categories or just the Formula Track Stars class?

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
Yeah a little lost at the moment.

I'm in for all whichever they are.

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
OP has been updated with the finalisation and clarification of the car specifications and tyre regulations as follow:

Car

The car that will be used for the 2019 Formula Track Stars Series will be the Red Bull X2014 Standard car.

Specifications
Power: 698bhp
Weight: 650kg

Tyres

Drivers are able to select any tyre compound that they wish to wish to use during the event, but they must do so under the condition that:

1. They start the race using the same tyre compound that they used in qualifying.
  2. They use 2 different tyre compounds during the race.
I was debating whether to switch to the Super Formula Cars which will be released later this month, however I feel this will be the best way forward by racing the car with the highest performance and also not springing a surprise on everyone a few weeks out from the start of the series and forcing everyone to buy a new car.​

ItzRacing

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
ItzRacing
Country
Australia
2019 Track Stars Racing Series Event 1 Drivers Briefing

Date: Sunday, March 17
Track: Dragon Trail – Seaside
Direction: Clockwise (Normal Circuit)
Circuit Distance: 5.209km

Schedule of Events (All times in AEDT Timezone)

7:00-7:20 Room Opens & Red Bull Juniors Qualifying Practice
7:20-7:30 Red Bull Juniors Series Race 1 (5 Laps)
7:35-7:45 Red Bull Juniors Race 2 (5 Laps)
7:50-8:15 Formula Track Stars Qualifying Practice begins
8:15-8:45 Formula Track Stars Croatian Grand Prix (19 Laps)

8:50-9:15 Track Stars Touring Cars Qualifying Practice
9:15-9:45 Track Stars Touring Cars Race 1 (19 Laps)
9:55-10:25 Track Stars Touring Cars Race 2 (19 Laps)

Formula Track Stars Round 1 - Croatian Grand Prix Information

Races:1
Laps: 19
Circuit Time: 13:00

Qualifying: 25 Minutes from the completion of the Red Bull Juniors races or 8:15PM, whichever is later.

Grid positions will be decided by qualifying times.

Any compound of racing tyre is able to be used. Drivers must start the race on the compound they used for the fastest qualifying time and they must use 2 different tyre compounds for a minimum of 2 laps during the race.

Room Settings

Race Settings

Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Real
Damage: None
Tyre Wear: 1x
Fuel Wear: 1x
Grip Reduction: Real

Penalty Settings
Collision Ghosting: None
Shortcut Penalty: Invalidate Time
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Side Contact Penalty: None
Correct Vehicle after collision: Off
Replace cars when they leave the track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Ghost Lapped cars: Off

Driving Aids
Counter steering: Prohibited
ASM: Allowed
Driving Line: No Limit
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto Drive: Prohibited

Race Starts

Please take caution at race starts to ensure yourself and all other competitors make it through turn 1 without incident. With damage turned off you can get away with a little bit of panel rubbing but there should be no excuses for charging into turn 1 and running into someone else and ruining their race right at the start. There will be plenty of time to make your way to the front if you are fast enough.

Driving Standards

Race organisers are not opposed to some light contact during racing for position. But if you make contact with another competitor which causes them to lose more than the single position or a huge chunk of time then it is expected that you either readdress the position or serve a drive through penalty.

Pit In/Out lines

On pit entry we will show a bit of leniency with the pit entry line as it is a sharp change in direction following the exit of the corner. On the pit exit we do ask that you stay inside of the white line for the duration of the markings.

Blocking/Weaving

Drivers will be permitted one defensive move, but we will tolerate constant weaving on the straights or a change in direction.

Attendance Sheets

Please complete this form with the relevant information to give organisers an indication of what numbers to expect on race night.

Track Stars Touring Car Series Round 1 / Dragon Trail Seaside / Entries
PSN ID / Car Number
1. ItzRacing / #95

ItzRacing ItzRacing Pubs16 Pubs16 Racing Jordyn Racing Jordyn DZITEZ DZITEZ Toranafan-02 Toranafan-02 A adamwyman Dave_B Dave_B
(Extra Tags incase you want to race this too) BigB BigB L Littleknocks25 evilknight85 evilknight85 VIPR FPR VIPR FPR

Please like the post to acknowledge that you have read and understand all points of the drivers briefing.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing everyone in the lobby next Sunday night.

Dave_B

VIPR Member
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
Dave_B005
Sorry guys didn't realise the car was 3M to buy and I've only just got $900K in credits :-(. I will do some funds raising and hopefully get there for the next race.

Racing Jordyn

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_Jordyn
Country
Australia
Sorry guys didn't realise the car was 3M to buy and I've only just got $900K in credits :-(. I will do some funds raising and hopefully get there for the next race.
Oh crap. I didn’t know that till you just mentioned it. I haven’t got enough either. For some dumb reason I thought this was the red bull jr lol.

DZITEZ

Official VIPR Driver
Premium
Reaction score
Best answers
PSN
VIPR_DZITEZ
Country
Australia
Oh damn, I thought it was the same Redbull car just different races. I only have 100,000 credit lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.